Print Distorted in 1 Direction

Posted (edited) · Print Distorted in 1 Direction

Whenever I print (most noticeable in a circle), you can clearly see distortion of a couple mm  in one direction. This is using PLA and 0.8mm nozzle. Please see the attached photo.

I have tried

tightening the belt, updating and reseting Cura to defaults, reseting the printer to defaults, rotating my print 90 degrees (the distortion was still to the same direction), updating the printer's firmware, and changing the speed.

Using UM2E+

Image.jpeg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Print Distorted in 1 Direction

Have you checked if your axles have play and are perpendicular? You can find the instructions on the UM resource pages with pictures how to check and how to solve it.

Posted · Print Distorted in 1 Direction

@smithy I'm trying to get adjust the axels on an S5 as they are definitely not perpendicular. On the UM2 and UMO+ there were printed guides / jigs you could use to do that. Are there files for the S5? I can make some if none exist yet, but figured I'd ask before I start making my own.