Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
trooperlite

Problem with overlap?

Hello,

I have an Ultimaker 2 at my office which I successfully used in the past. However, recently it's been having a problem where it slips at the point where it begins the print. Because of this, that corner doesn't stick to the print bed.

Any insight?

20181203_114159.jpg

OK I understand. Well two things, check that that area of the bed is clean. If you use adhesive it may be worth cleaning that are and reapplying the adhesive in that area. But possibly the real solution is to press the filament more firmly into the bed by reducing the bed to nozzle gap. Yours does not look particularly pushed in, certainly less than mine and others I have seen.

Put a big (x/y axes) cube on the bed with a brim and start the print. Adjust the setting by turning the three adjustment screws equally and you will see changes in how the 1st layer is laid down. You can take it to the point where the filament is almost invisible and then back it off a bit. These days I have my filament pushed down quite hard and set the flow for the 1st layer to 70% with 1st layer extruder temp set the same as the extruder temp for the main print. It is a combination that works very well for me.