Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ian

Cura Suppor Amount ?

in the expert settings, cura has the option to imput the amount of support ?

my question is, does that mean, the amount or percentage effects the amount of material pushed out (flow) or the distance between each line of support ?

Im trying lots of different amounts in Cura and dont see a difference ?

ps. also are there plugins for different shapes of support ?

pss. is there a setting in Cura, to tell my ultimaker to use my hotend 2 (dual extrusion) to print the support..

Thanks.

Ian :-)

It effects the flow in 13.06.X

In the beta versions I uploaded this setting has been replaced by a few new support material settings. I highly recommend checking out that latest beta if you want to play with support material.

@ Daid,

sorry for asking in detail - I haven't got it...

In 13.06. it just effects the flow means that the way of the support structure is the same independend of the percentage, just the material which comes out of the nozzle is less? So it affects just the stiffness of the support, not the amount of struds placed?

I played around a few days with it (currently my UM is "out of order") but was not able to understand the background.

Are other support types planned to come up in future? e.g. support only between model surfaces, or an option to choose the surfaces to be supported?

Thanks gr5, I already recognized this version and installed it.

Seems to be interesting as a few of my questions are obsolete with this new (beta)version. Just making some slicing trials without print something, I found out that on some models the V13.07. adds support without any connection to the print bed... Guess this prints will fail... :-(

Nevertheless, understand the approach in 13.06.04 would be interesting too :-)

>I found out that on some models the V13.07. adds support without any connection to the print bed..

lol. That's why it's still in Beta maybe. Daid might appreciate it if you post the model on some website and provide a link.