Ultimaker 3, New core for 1.75mm filament

Posted · Ultimaker 3, New core for 1.75mm filament

Hello,

I know that story about size filament is old and many topics about it. But i still can not understand why can not be made new core just for 1.75mm filament. after new core i believe its just software setting need to made. why not to give a option for people who is interested in it. I am ready to pay few hundreds just to have option to print 1.75mm size filament.

Because it is not just the print core, you have also to modify the feeder (wheels, tension) and the change the Bowden tube, to a tube with a smaller inner diameter.

For an official kit, it makes no sense and would make too much trouble. Each profile has to be created and tested against the 1.75 setups. Ultimaker machines are built for industries and professional and the goal is to work out of the box, without too much tinkering. All UM materials are 2.85, so there is not really a reason to bring such a kit on the market.

It is only for interest for people which have some old 1.75 filaments at home or for people which have several printers and the others operate with 1.75mm and don't want to buy 2 kinds of materials. 

What is your intention for a 1.75 setup?

Talk to GR5 he can help with the 1.75 and U3. 

Bondtec can make special feeders for 1.75 

chuck-yanke

Who is GR5? user ?

And who is Bontec?  🙂 sorry i dont know

do you think is only feeder has to be change? what about head? the hole size inside is about 3mm? is not to big ?

Thank you

i found out what is bontech 🙂

so what about core? is nozzle size is no matter?

You are right, you need a nozzle for 1.75. Otherwise the filament would be pressed upwards again and build out a big blob between bowden tube and nozzle, which you can't remove anymore as the blob is thicker than the bowden (given that's changed to 1.75).