hniemann

Support material only on buildplate?

Posted · Support material only on buildplate?

So, I haven't used my 3D printer for my classes since last May, and Cura had a pretty big upgrade since I had updated the software. I don't do a lot of printing, so I'm still pretty green at this, even after 3 years. I am printing spheres with cutouts in them, and only want to print support material on the part that touches the buildplate (it's printing support material on the inside of the sphere, and it want that to be empty because I can't get the material out), but I can't find that setting any more. I'm using a Lulzbot Mini with Cura v3.3.32, HIPS filament. 

I know this has to be simple, so hoping someone can fill me in. Thank you! I've attached one of the class files as an example.
Heather

fRANKIE.stl

You can use the Support Blocker on the parts where no support should be generated.

429321302_Screenshot2018-12-1019_34_28.png.774399135abd2d117cc224ba82cdf7ed.png

Search for "support placement".  Just above all the settings you can put a word or two and cura only shows matching settings.