20 sec. of pause at each layer change... is my printer refusing to work?

Harry Plotter

Posted · 20 sec. of pause at each layer change... is my printer refusing to work?

Hi to all of you...

I have obtained a new problem which I never had before and it showed only 2 days ago...

1. I have a new setting since 2 weeks as I am printing parts with CF-20 filament with an apropriate nozzle...

2. This in conjunction with the normal BB 0.4 of Ultimaker

The prints were all fine until yesterday I experienced some "underextrution" issues on one side of my prints.

Now the print seems to be fine, but at the layer change the printer decides to make a brake of 20 seconds each time befor starting a new cycle. This costs time and cools out any layer it has made previously...

I have never experienced such a "delay" and it seems the higher the object gets, the more "thinking time" the printer needs. Would the slicing be corrupted? Or the g-code?

Maybe one of you has had a similar problem

Greetings to all crazy-one out there still printing on x-mas time...

Daniel

Posted · 20 sec. of pause at each layer change... is my printer refusing to work?

When a core is not in use it cools that core so it won't leak/drip.  So there can be a delay while waiting to heat the new core back up.

There is a feature that preheats the core a certain amount of time before it switches cores.  Did you mess with any of the temperatures or any parameters that were in seconds?

Hi gr5,

thank you for your fast reply. I used the same settings as 2 weeks before, when I started to use the new filament... so this can hardly affect the delay.

As well I normally see the cores heating up again (red flashing light)... this doesn´t happen. It stays white while pending at the nozzle switch station...

I seems to me that there is a mem-error or some kind of loop that needs to be broken prior to continuing to print... as well in the beginning there wasn´t hardly any delay. As the printed object got hiher in the z-axis the delay started to get more immanent. Maybe it recalculated the sliced objekt again each time when it hoped to another z-level and then trying to refind its position..

I will try to print another object when I come back from my x-mas trip in a week and then hopefully the error will have "magically" disapeard into some paralell universe ;O).

Have a good christmas-time with family or friends!

Greetings

Daniel