Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ogagnon

Ultimaker S5 - Remotely start a new job after a finished job

Hi,

I just bought a Ultimaker S5 and using Cura 3.6.0.

After a job has finished, it is blocking other jobs that could be printed elsewhere on the glass plate.

According to the API request "/api/v1/print_job/state", it is in "wait_cleanup" state.

Is there a way to clear that state to send another job remotely without having to confirm the job on the Touch Screen ?

Thanks,

O.

Since I was to use 3 colors: black for the backplane, orange and blue for the letters,

I used black and orange for the first printing with the black being "negative" so that the blue letters would fit to glue them into the "sockets" after they are printed. All layers were imported from three PNGs.

Is it a best practice ? I'm pretty sure it will need some trimming ?

Thanks,

O.

If you can do the letters on the bottom layer then it will come out nicer than gluing them and you could change the filament.  It's complicated though and easier to do I think if there is no auto leveling (like on a UM2).  I guess it depends how large the letters are.  A photo would be helpful.  This shows the word "Paul" in red and then in a separate print (with no auto leveling between) I changed the filament and printed a white part on top.  The white part was thicker and didn't know where the letters were.  It came out great.

dcDSC_9083.thumb.JPG.d60ee1c84c1e2c258daaac5d0c03e30c.JPG

dcDSC_9086.thumb.JPG.a0dd4a700cf3d769f3082044fb9ee179.JPG