PaulK

T-Glase fooling around

Posted · T-Glase fooling around

My daughter (6) gets to pick filament for some things, so I get to figure out how to print them 🙂 This time it was T-Glase. Interesting material. The printing recommendations, including from Taulman, are all over the map and  conflict like crazy, so finding a starting point was tough. This benchy is a basic "normal" profile and not perfect by any means; more importantly, not optimized for clarity. I think I'll want to try popping in a 0.8 core and printing big thick layers as they recommend to get high clarity too. Got a few LED projects in mind that might work well and would please her. 

Prints real slow, but the top surfaces (not very visible here) are amazing and glassy.

IMG_9161.JPG

Looks nice! I never tried T-Glase but looks interesting and especially for LED things.

Recently someone on this forum mentioned these links, about printing transparent models. Was that you @kmanstudios? I don't remember who.

https://hackaday.com/2018/12/11/true-transparent-parts-from-a-desktop-3d-printer/?fbclid=IwAR3uP3W0fAE_ej6bp8VvflOeXPvFEv7yyHoH-jEt8jJBPWlaoNjq9E33tVg

http://fenneclabs.net/index.php/2018/12/09/3d-printing-transparent-parts-using-fdm-fff-printer/

Contrary to popular recommendations, they used *thin* layers (plus slow and hot printing) to get good transparency.

Might be worth experimenting with both unusually thin and thick layers, and comparing the results?

Personally, when printing PET, I never got better than a "frosted glass" look. But printing very slow at 100% infill definitely improved results, even at lower temperatures, so the material has enough time to flow into all corners.

• Like 1