UM3 Plate hits nozzle after leveling

9thoracle

Posted · UM3 Plate hits nozzle after leveling

Getting real tired of this piece of trash... It started because I tried using some buildtak to see if PVDF would stick to it. But once I leveled the plate with the buildtak on, the printer began to totally lose its mind and turn into a paperweight. 

THE PROBLEM: I took the buildtak off to reset everything. I Manually level the bed and it seems fine. Then when I go to begin a new print, the bed hits the nozzle.....
Autolevel doesnt work either because the  bed hits the nozzle too.....

What the actual hell am I supposed to do about this?

What do you mean with auto leveling doesn't work because it hits the nozzle? During the auto level process of after it? During the auto leveling, it is normal, that the nozzle hits the glass plate, that is part of the leveling process.

No I mean if I level the bed manually, I am able to use the calibration card when it does its double check  and everything seems fine. Then the next time I go to print, the bed moves up to start the print and it actually touches the nozzle. This makes me think something is wrong that the printer is not moving the bed up to the exact same height on the Z axis during a print as it does when its letting me level it. 

I didnt even try autoleveling as the last time I did it, the printer gave me the error that it couldnt reconcile the height difference between the print cores. That error started when I still have buildtak on it, but I have since taken that off so it shouldnt be affecting it anymore.

I sometimes had this as well.  I had the "feeling" the initial screw-height was to high.  reasoning is when you manual level, you actually only screw up, never down ..

So what I do:

- start the manual leveling process.  but before turning the wheel, turn all scrows down about 2 whole turns ...

- then start leveling.

that way, the initial level is quite a lot lower.. and the automatic leveling seems to be affected with it.

helps for me.

That's right what Waldo says, the distance between the two aluminum parts (table and the plate below the glass) should be approximately 14mm. Also the nozzles should be clean, some parts of plastic can also disturbe the leveling process.

• Like 1