Sources for UMO+ Hotend Isolator Couplers?

martaaay

Posted (edited) · Sources for UMO+ Hotend Isolator Couplers?

I live in California, and am finding surprisingly limited sources for these. fbrc8 has them for $18 + $6 shipping, which seems a bit pricey for this one part. The only other alternative I've found is getting one shipped in from Europe or China. The price from China is more what I expected:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs-3D-printer-accessory-Ultimaker-Hot-End-Isolator-Coupler-PTFE-Teflon-inner-sleeve-for-3mm-filament/32323348288.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.125f4c4diYj8d2

but is going to take 2 to 3 weeks. Will let you know if it's any good.

If anybody knows a good source for these, please let me know. I presume the UM2 one wouldn't work in a UMO+?

Edited by martaaay

Posted · Sources for UMO+ Hotend Isolator Couplers?

Thanks for the info Erin! Sounds like $18 is just the cost of goods. I'm curious if I did something wrong with the shipping, though. It was something $6 or $7, which is why I cancelled. For something so small I guess I expected near postage price or free. Do i have this right?

I can provide some more details on the shipping, but we ship everything FedEx so we can make sure to track it, insure, etc. I realize that might sound silly on something as small as a coupler, but we try and make sure people get the part they need right the first time. We used to split our shipping between UPS and the post office. Bad experiences with both brought us to FedEx; the FedEx hub is located here in Memphis, so we've had a really good shipping experience with them. 

Thanks Erin! Super helpful!

• Thanks 1