Fned

Cura 3.6 does not import custom profile

Posted · Cura 3.6 does not import custom profile

I Just got my 3 D printer (Ender 3) and have successfully printed several models but tweaked my own profiles. I am now attempting to print a model that has custom g code profile files included with it. I have tried to use the import feature to import these custom profiles but get this message "No custom profile to import" from directory I am using. Am I doing something wrong? Does the profile import feature work?

thanks

Posted · Cura 3.6 does not import custom profile

When you slice with cura it puts some profile information in the bottom of the file.  Cura 15.* and older encrypts this into a digital packet.  If you see a completely 100% nonsense characters at the end of the file then you need Cura 15 which you can download from the cura download page.

If it's sliced with cura 2.* and newer it has a human readable packet at the end of the file.  It's not super easy to read and has weird characters but if you read it slowly you will realize it is actually quite readable.  You can even write it all down as it only shows *exceptions* to the default profile and tells you which profile it used (e.g. draft).

So...

open the gcode file in a text editor or if you don't have one, use word.  Look at the comments at the top and then skip to the very bottom of the file and look at that as well.  Maybe it was sliced with some other slicer like s3d (simplify 3d).