Desmo

No Adhesion to Builtplate with Breakaway Material

Posted (edited) · No Adhesion to Builtplate with Breakaway Material

Hi together,

I tried to build an item with breakaway support but the breakaway material gets no adhesion to the builtplate. I tried to print on the clean plate and I coated the builtplate with the glue stick. Both trials failed. Can anybody  give me an advice?

Thanks, Desmo

Edited by Desmo

Posted · No Adhesion to Builtplate with Breakaway Material

Hi and welcome aboard!

A thin layer of glue should be enough for the breakaway support. I usually use a wet tissue to distribute the glue after applying it. This gives you a very thin layer over the whole plate or area you need.

Hi Smithy,

I tried it in this way, but unfortunately it did not work. I will try again, maybe I did something wrong the first time!

Do you have some other tipps moreover this?

Thanks!

Adhesion should work with glue, if not, then maybe your glass is greasy? Clean it carefully with alcohol and then try again and make some stripes with the glue stick and distribute it with a wet tissue.

Another idea is, that your print bed is not leveled correctly. Have you enabled auto leveling? If the distance between your nozzle and the glass is too big, then you get also a bad adhesion.

ok, sounds plausible! I´ll check the leveling and try it again with glue in the way you described!

Thanks a lot!