Infill lines connection problem

Erkan3D

Posted · Infill lines connection problem

I am printing something with little squares. But the problem is Ultimaker2 is not combining the vertical and horizontal lines. Using Cura 4.0.0

I guess that it is trying to prevent printing over an already printed area but how can I fix that?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

3D.jpeg

So I have seen this exact pattern when printing too fast - like 200mm/sec on my fastest printer.  Slower I suppose on my um2 with the black feeder.  I'm not sure what causes it.  But it goes away when I drop the speed by 50% (which you can do in the tune menu for your printer (looks like it's a um2,um3 or s5)).

Please clarify a few things:

1) Please show this or a similar layer in layer view in cura.

2) Did you model a cube and set the top/bottom infill to 0 and use an infill pattern to make this?  Or did you actually model all those thin walls?  You will get *much* better results with the former method.  And it will print much faster (only one pass on walls instead of 2 or more).

On 1/28/2019 at 11:08 PM, gr5 said:

So I have seen this exact pattern when printing too fast - like 200mm/sec on my fastest printer.  Slower I suppose on my um2 with the black feeder.  I'm not sure what causes it.  But it goes away when I drop the speed by 50% (which you can do in the tune menu for your printer (looks like it's a um2,um3 or s5)).

Please clarify a few things:

1) Please show this or a similar layer in layer view in cura.

2) Did you model a cube and set the top/bottom infill to 0 and use an infill pattern to make this?  Or did you actually model all those thin walls?  You will get *much* better results with the former method.  And it will print much faster (only one pass on walls instead of 2 or more).

Attached a view in cura

It is an UM2 with a 0.15 mm nozzle

Yes it is a cube and I use infill patterns. Line width is 0.15 mm.

Speed is 45mm/s

What I want is squares with equal height and connected walls.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.0fd140d38cca874c4c716bcf004c56f3.png