Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)

jeremie

Posted (edited) · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)
  • Cura 4.0.0-BETA / ubuntu18.04.1 LTS / UM3
  • third party filament (Protopasta CFPLA)
  • print over network

Previously, it complained also about the filament not being recognized (no NFC), but I just had to go and confirm on the Printer itself before it allowed printing.

Now, Cura 4 "monitor" tells about it explicitly "Requires configuration changes", which is a very welcomed addition.
So I thought I could tell it to proceed without having to go and click on the printer. However,

• clicking on the "Override" button of the popup in the MONITOR panel seems to have no effect at all (no change to the interface nor the printer)
  • worse, I cannot find the option anymore on my printer (IIRC with Cura 0.3.5 the printer only displayed a warning and I just had to confirm to start printing)

So

• What I am doing wrong? How shall I proceed to bypass this (zealous) test, in Cura or on the UM3 ?
  • I really wish there was a "global setting" somewhere to avoid warnings about "unknown" materials completely (if it does not know it should not be that annoying imho). I will post a FR in github for the latter.

Now I am back at finding what I need to tell Cura and my printer so it eventually is willing to print 😕

confirm_no_effect.png

Edited by jeremie

Posted · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)

Yes.  Known bug.  This exact issue has been reported to Ultimaker but I'm not sure if it's on their list of things to fix.  Hopefully/probably it is.

@nallath

Posted (edited) · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)

Note that though @gr5 is a gr8 moderator here, he has no such power on the github queue. Only you or Cura developers can close your issue on the github issue queue.

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)
    13 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Only you or Cura developers can close your issue on the github issue queue.

OK, I leave it to Ghostkeeper who seems to be involved -- at least it looks like I did not posted a redundant entry on github.