jeremie

Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)

Posted (edited) · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)
  • Cura 4.0.0-BETA / ubuntu18.04.1 LTS / UM3
  • third party filament (Protopasta CFPLA)
  • print over network

Previously, it complained also about the filament not being recognized (no NFC), but I just had to go and confirm on the Printer itself before it allowed printing.

Now, Cura 4 "monitor" tells about it explicitly "Requires configuration changes", which is a very welcomed addition.
So I thought I could tell it to proceed without having to go and click on the printer. However,

• clicking on the "Override" button of the popup in the MONITOR panel seems to have no effect at all (no change to the interface nor the printer)
  • worse, I cannot find the option anymore on my printer (IIRC with Cura 0.3.5 the printer only displayed a warning and I just had to confirm to start printing)

So

• What I am doing wrong? How shall I proceed to bypass this (zealous) test, in Cura or on the UM3 ?
  • I really wish there was a "global setting" somewhere to avoid warnings about "unknown" materials completely (if it does not know it should not be that annoying imho). I will post a FR in github for the latter.

Now I am back at finding what I need to tell Cura and my printer so it eventually is willing to print 😕

confirm_no_effect.png

Edited by jeremie

Posted · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)

Found it! It seems to have no effect in Cura Application "Monitor", but it works in Cura Connect (below)

confirm_has_effect.png

Yes.  Known bug.  This exact issue has been reported to Ultimaker but I'm not sure if it's on their list of things to fix.  Hopefully/probably it is.

@nallath

Posted (edited) · Cannot "ack/force" third-party material (Cura 4.0)

Note that though @gr5 is a gr8 moderator here, he has no such power on the github queue. Only you or Cura developers can close your issue on the github issue queue.

Edited by ahoeben

13 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Only you or Cura developers can close your issue on the github issue queue.

OK, I leave it to Ghostkeeper who seems to be involved -- at least it looks like I did not posted a redundant entry on github.