PLA meterial will not feed through the nozzle

dbonifas

Posted · PLA meterial will not feed through the nozzle

I have an Ultimaker 2+ for about 2 years.  Recently, I can get the printer to feed the PLA material through the hose but only to the nozzle but then it stops.  I have cleaned out the nozzle using the atomic method and opened up and cleaned out the feeder.  I am able to get the nozzle hot through the "nozzle heatup" command however when I try to put the material through the nozzle is not hot and I am guessing why the material stops there and my material starts to get grounded up my the feeder.  I am perplexed to why I can heat up the nozzle when I am not feeding in new material but the nozzle isn't hot when I am  attempting to feed in the material.  Any ideas or suggestion?  Thanks!  Dale B

Posted · PLA meterial will not feed through the nozzle

Most likely causes, I think: (partially) clogged nozzle, deformed teflon coupler, or little fan not working?

After cleaning the nozzle with atomic pulls, make sure you can look through it from above. If you want to use a more gentle atomic pull, instead of brutally pulling, try my method here: https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/geert-keteleer/manuals/

Check if the result of the atomic pulls is deformed near the seam of nozzle and teflon? If so, the teflon coupler is worn out.

Check if the material is thickened or molten even before entering into the nozzle: if so, the little fan is not working (it tends to accumulate strings and hairs), and heat travels up too high into the filament.

Manually heat up the nozzle and feed some material into the nozzle, and feel how much resistance you get, and where.