Cura 3.6.0 won't open its own GCODE

Snickerdoodle

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.6.0 won't open its own GCODE

I am trying to diagnose an extrusion issue I'm seeing only in Cura that I've had for a while now, but I've run into a roadblock. I can view Simplify3D's GCODE and Slic3rs GCODE in Cura, but I can't import Cura's own GCODE to analyze what Cura is doing. This strikes me as a pretty serious issue. Can anyone else confirm this?

To recreate the issue,

1. Be using 3.6.0
  2. Slice a file and save the GCODE
  3. Try to re-open the GCODE
  4. Try to open another slicer's GCODE as a comparison

Attempting to load Cura's sliced files back into Cura results in an "Invalid File" error.

Someone else please test this to confirm whether or not this is just me.

Edited by Snickerdoodle

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.6.0 won't open its own GCODE
    43 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

ValueError: could not convert string to float: '{TRAVEL_SPEED}'

Replace the wrong variable in your start- and end-scripts with {speed_travel} and it will work.

This isn't my own start/end g-code. This is straight from the Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus profile provided with Cura upon installation. This change did make generated gcode openable though, thank you.

Edited by Snickerdoodle