Heat up the extruder w/o slicing

rigelsix

Posted · Heat up the extruder w/o slicing

There really needs to be an easy way to heat up the extruder for maintenance. Waiting on a model to finish slicing right now so it will let me in to the manual control menu.

Also, the GUI editor on the forum is annoying. It negates my OS/browser spell check and other features.

As far as i know only the Ulticontroller can do that. Otherwise, as I think you know, you must set temp to 0 in Cura, wait for slicing, then set the temp your self and wait.

Pronterface is free and works great. I love it. google it. It's a nice application.

However I believe there is a way to get to the print dialog without having a print loaded. I forget. I think maybe you right click on the "save" button maybe and there might be a choice there. I know there are more choices when you right click on some icons. Daid explained how to do it once but I never tried it and forgot (because I have an ulticontroller).

Also you can speed up slicing drastically by increasing your layer thickness if all you want is to get through that step. Try layer thickness of 1mm maybe? if it will let you.

I admit that I posted while I was frustrated and dealing with a jammed hot-end.

This seems like a simple dialog box that could be added to Cura. Yes, I know about pronterface, but keeping everything integrated seems much cleaner. Cura didn't used to have a print menu, but those features have been integrated, and for that I am very grateful. Daid has done awesome work.