Stringing test towers blobbing

Sem96

Posted (edited) · Stringing test towers blobbing

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a print i'm struggeling with. So, I'm trying to print the stringing test towers in Cura but what ever options I try it fails at the same spot.

If you take a look at the printed towers in the picture you will see a lot of blobbing at the very start of the two towers, the rest looks fine. I have been trying different settings for the past 3 days but without any succes.

I have already gone as low as 70% on the flow rate and 180 C temperature. The extruder head has also been calibrated perfectly with the measuring and adjusting the Esteps motor method. The stl file and Cura profile I use are uploaded so I hope there is someone with some advice.

PS. I'm using an Creality Ender-3 printer

Cheers.

Stringing test towers.jpg

Sems profile.curaprofile Stringing_Test.stl

Edited by Sem96

Posted · Stringing test towers blobbing

I think I've found the issue here. BED LEVELING! 

After spending almost a whole day again testing all kinds of settings I decided to level the heated bed again, why not I thought. And yes that resolved the issue finally!

I will still have to fine-tune the flow rate and temperature but looking at the picture you can see the huge difference already 😉

Test results.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies