Bulldozer plugin - push model off with a print head to automate multiple prints

Posted · Bulldozer plugin - push model off with a print head to automate multiple prints

Hey guys, I have written a new plugin. This is to automate printing by pushing the model out of the printer with a print head.

Code/Instructions here: https://github.com/bugpwr/BulldozerPlugin/

Enjoy!! And don't forget to let enough cooling time in the settings, or you may damage the printer.

• Like 1

Posted · Bulldozer plugin - push model off with a print head to automate multiple prints

A better place to install you script is in the "scripts" folder of the configuration folder (Help->Show configuration folder). That way it should migrate survive installing a newer Cura version. Also on OSX and on Linux, putting the file inside the application bundle may not be possible.

• 1 year later...
    • 6 months later...

Dear Pavelr,

Thank you for this plug-in, it's really useful. Could you share the 3D model of the little slope you made?

Also if you are planning to update some stuff on the plug-in, I would have a couple of ideas.

Thanks again

• 1 year later...
    Posted (edited) · Bulldozer plugin - push model off with a print head to automate multiple prints

This is great stuff. Would it be possible to print different models sequentially?

I was thinking that maybe I could stack manually in the GCode text file. But the UMC safes a binary UFP file which I cannot change manually.

Cheers

Kris

Edited by kris

Posted (edited) · Bulldozer plugin - push model off with a print head to automate multiple prints

Just an add to this, instead of wait time, bed temp check might be better. There's gcode that checks the temp that you can use before it runs the next line. Machine settings describes the gcode when changing start and end gcode.

An option to move the blobs instead of already moving them too. With objects close to the edge of the bed, some of the goop can get caught on the prints and the corners were originally better.

Last thing would be a notification through the api or app (m117 doesn’t seem to send a message through the system just the printer) that the print is being knocked off and starting the next print.

Wish I knew python better how to make the changes for the script and inputs for post processor.

Edited by 3dprntz
    More ideas