Hot build chamber

lobster2b

Posted · Hot build chamber

Im trying to close off the build area.

As to keep the temperature constant.

I have already a hot bed, and this is my next step.

Im looking at some plexi at a local place.

The biggest they have is 1200mm x 800mm x4mm

What is the measurements of the side openings, and the front one?

Anyone quick with a caliper :D

Either i cant formulate the question right, or cant search right, or noone want to actually answer..

I can confirm that 30cmx30cm plates are indeed the right size to cover the cut windows, thus creating a heated chamber..

I am working on the top part, witch are going to be wrapped in bubble plastic, and use 16mm electrical tubing as a frame.

If im happy with it, il post the details on youmagine, or thingiverse. or both

I think no one wanted to answer. Sorry. Your question was too easy for you to do it and I was too lazy to find a ruler, walk downstairs and check myself when I was supposed to be working. Plus I don't know how much larger than the opening you want. What obstacles are a problem (switches, screw heads).

Are you going to move your steppers outside? You don't need to buy any parts for that (just mount the motors in the same holes but outside). But you do need to reverse the stepper direction either by changing a jumper on the board or inverting x,y bits when you build Marlin here:

http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/

I went looking for the blueprint files that used to be here and couldn't find them on here

I recall downloading them and importing them into Solid Works, then exporting them into DXF format.

Since I can't source aluminum in mm thickness here, I didn't do much else :)

I tried uploading that to my Gallery but it won't let me. So I took a few screen shots in SW for you

gallery_536_202_54956.jpg

gallery_536_202_38938.jpg

gallery_536_202_93380.jpg

gallery_536_202_95736.jpg

The design files for the Ultimaker Original are here:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-original

Already mounted the steppers outside of the box. As per the "throw away your short belts" topic.

Very happy with that.

The plexiglass is mounted on the outside, and 30x30cm is quite right for the job.

Though i need to cut off a part where the stepper motors now reside. not a big deal.

Just finished printing and assembling the top "hat" using 16mm electro tubes.

Made a 3 way connector and a base thats secure in the corners.

Its compleatly doable using only 8x 28.2cm pieces of the tubes to build the "hat"

Now i just need to salvage up some bobblewrap to complete the "hat"