Remotely Confirm Build Plate is Clear

timmsc

Posted · Remotely Confirm Build Plate is Clear

I cleared my last print before I left work on Friday.  I can verify with the camera that the build plate is clear.  Now I'm trying to start a 12hr print on Sunday so it will be ready when I get to work on Monday.  It seems that I forgot to confirm that I had removed the print so I cannot start a new print remotely (over VPN).  I'm certain there is a path to access that parameter over the network and reset it or even just reboot the printer.  If anyone can help me, it will prevent me from having to  drive 60 miles to press a button.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to do it remotely. Also, a reboot will not help, because the state will come up again after the restart.

• 1 year later...
    Posted (edited) · Remotely Confirm Build Plate is Clear

Please add this feature - with a warning pop-up if necessary.

I've just accidentally started a print in Cura (no warning pop-up here...) before finalizing print settings; I've aborted it straight away but nevertheless I now need to move my but to the printer's location (at work, and I'm at home) just to press a button (well - a touchscreen)... For a 5-6k $/€ printer (S5) that's a pretty huge annoyance.

Edited by yetAnotherUsername
    • Like 1

I would vote against a general remote possibility to confirm the removal. However, a boolean flag in the firmware which indicates if actually any line has been printed or not yet could give the information necessary to abort a not-yet-started print remotely without having to confirm the removal on the printer.