MDA

Live view of built-in camera

Posted (edited) · Live view of built-in camera

Hi,

Where can I find the access to the live view of the built-in camera of the Ultimaker 3 in Cura 4.0.0?

I could use this feature in the previous versions but I cannot not find this link to the camera in Cura v4.0.0.

(There is photo camera icon in the "Monitor" screen but that is just a still image.)

Thanks in advance,

Attila

Edited by MDA

Posted · Live view of built-in camera

If it's only showing a single image, that's a bug! Could you report it on github?

You can check if the direct URL is working: http://<your_ip>:8080/?action=stream

If not, you can try to reset "Cura Connect" from the printer menu, which helps often to get the live stream back. (Personally, I have to reset Cura Connect every few days, then the cam is working again - but unfortunately only for a few days)

Thanks for your help guys very much!

I think it can be a sw bug of new Cura version indeed because I can see the live view of the built-in camera in real time without any problem if I connect to UM3 printer directly via LAN from my browser using its IP-address.

But if I want to see the working space of the printer via Cura's Monitor page, I will see just still images.

Thanks again,

Attila

On 4/29/2019 at 3:29 PM, nallath said:

If it's only showing a single image, that's a bug! Could you report it on github?

Sorry for my newbie question: what is "github" where I should need to report this bug?

On 5/4/2019 at 6:04 PM, MDA said:

Sorry for my newbie question: what is "github" where I should need to report this bug?

No problem. Github is where the source code of Cura is hosted. It also has an issue tracker to keep track of bugs and feature requests. You can find it on https://github.com/ultimaker/cura . If you select the issues tab, you can create your own issues. 

1 hour ago, nallath said:

you can create your own issues

That’s pretty much what my therapist told me.

• Like 1