Live view of built-in camera

MDA

Posted (edited) · Live view of built-in camera

Hi,

Where can I find the access to the live view of the built-in camera of the Ultimaker 3 in Cura 4.0.0?

I could use this feature in the previous versions but I cannot not find this link to the camera in Cura v4.0.0.

(There is photo camera icon in the "Monitor" screen but that is just a still image.)

Thanks in advance,

Attila

Edited by MDA

Posted · Live view of built-in camera

You can check if the direct URL is working: http://<your_ip>:8080/?action=stream

If not, you can try to reset "Cura Connect" from the printer menu, which helps often to get the live stream back. (Personally, I have to reset Cura Connect every few days, then the cam is working again - but unfortunately only for a few days)

• Like 1

Thanks for your help guys very much!

I think it can be a sw bug of new Cura version indeed because I can see the live view of the built-in camera in real time without any problem if I connect to UM3 printer directly via LAN from my browser using its IP-address.

But if I want to see the working space of the printer via Cura's Monitor page, I will see just still images.

Thanks again,

Attila

On 4/29/2019 at 3:29 PM, nallath said:

If it's only showing a single image, that's a bug! Could you report it on github?

Sorry for my newbie question: what is "github" where I should need to report this bug?

On 5/4/2019 at 6:04 PM, MDA said:

Sorry for my newbie question: what is "github" where I should need to report this bug?

No problem. Github is where the source code of Cura is hosted. It also has an issue tracker to keep track of bugs and feature requests. You can find it on https://github.com/ultimaker/cura . If you select the issues tab, you can create your own issues. 

1 hour ago, nallath said:

you can create your own issues

That’s pretty much what my therapist told me.

• Like 1

LOL!😁

I have a therapist also, but I just call her a bartender . . .

Hello, i have a question regarding the same topic MDA was asking about (some years ago..) but hopefully someone is still active here and can help me find a solution.

So, i have got my built-in camera in my Ultimaker S3 to work, but only on the network that i'm currently using the printer on.  Live Stream works fine while on the network (http://<your_ip>:8080/?action=stream). 

My question is, how do i get the same access while on another network? at home for example? (printer is at my workplace).

Thanks in advance for any help or tips whatsoever.

8 hours ago, Jacob_Sandahl said:

My question is, how do i get the same access while on another network? at home for example? (printer is at my workplace).

A live stream is only possible when you can do a VPN connection to the printer network. 

But you can get a kind of live stream with UMs Digital factory. When your printer is connected to the DF, then you can check the camera from the DFs website. There is (currently) no live stream, but you get every few seconds a new picture. More than enough to check the printer from home.

Is there a way to customise the firewall so that the live video stream can be viewed via the URL rather than just being able to see the pseudo live stream via Digital Factory? 

• Like 1