obrterry

Can’t turn off Gradual Infill Steps

Posted · Can’t turn off Gradual Infill Steps

I’ve been using Ultimaker Cura 4.0 since it was recently released and I’ve been very pleased with it. However, somewhere along the line, I seem to have “accidentally?” turned on the Gradual Infill Steps option and I don’t know how to turn it off!

I can see the option in Settings Visibility and whether I check the box or not, the option will not show in the either the Recommended or Custom print settings. I’ve been searching the Community Blog and elsewhere and can’t find any answer.

I suspect that it is some kind of weird density, line count, pattern or whatever settings causing this.

Please help if you can!

Hello @obrterry, that setting is only visible when the infill density is > 0, the infill pattern is not cubic subdiv and spaghetti infill is not enabled.

Good news! I fixed it (Note: I said I FIXED it, not SOLVED it)!

I continued dabbling with settings and decided that just maybe that was the problem. So I looked at any settings that had a value that was different than the profile, then I restored all of them to the value of the profile. I have no idea which setting or combination of settings was causing the problem. But I now have full control of the infill options and the Gradual Infill Step effect has gone away which, strangely I had never turned on in the first place.

What I’ve learned from this is: If you can’t skate stay off the ice!