cura always losing connection to printer

aag

Posted · cura always losing connection to printer

Every time my laptop goes to sleep, Cura loses awareness of the printer. I have to go to printer management, refresh the network, and re-connect the printer. This did not happen in Cura 3.0. It seems to be a special "feature" of Cura 4.0. Anybody else experiencing this? I should say that the printer is connected to a router through Ethernet cable, not Wifi. Again, the problem arose only with Version 4.0

I am finding this issue as well. In Cura 4 I have to go to Preferences / Printers / "Connect via Network" every time. If I close Cura, I have to do it again each time. This does not occur in Cura 3.

• 1 year later...

Same issues, Printer is an Ender 3 V1.1.5 Metzli board and annoyingly connects fine one minute and doesn't the next, so end up having to transfer the sliced profile to SD card or Octoprint and print that tried different usb cables before that is suggested. The Raspberry Pi running Octoprint never seems to have a problem connecting with the printer. Would love to know what the solution is please.

Just started having this issue again. My computer did a firmware upgrade and cura went to 4.9.1.

What a pain. I just want it to work.

Tim

It's been 4 years and this is still happening. I can't believe Ultimaker is incapable of fixing this - how unprofessional