AAGC

S5 Very desappointed by the quality result

Posted · S5 Very desappointed by the quality result

We struggling a lot with the quality result. Printing with ultimaker tough Pla and the result is so bad. We are printing with the ultimaker setup with a 0.4 AA and at fast 0.2mm and it take 13 hours to print. Very very very disappointed for the machine price and the result. If have print at 0.15mm the result is not very much better and it take 26 hours.

By the way this is not the only print. All the print, have bad quality result having lines or blobs. For 8000$ dollars :( :(

Architect office

PH3.jpg

PH2.jpg

PH1.jpg

• Like 1

Hello AAGC, 

I ran into the same kind of situation when I start using my S5 back in fall 2018. Looking at your picture I'm no suprise of the results. I would have get the same on my printer.

To improve my prints I had to try different settings. Now I get decent (but not excellent) prints but it's a shame that sub $1000 printer can beat a $8000 printer. I feel your disapointment.

Hi @AAGC, thank you for your post. Have you already been in touch with your reseller regarding improving the print quality and level of satisfaction?

While in some cases maybe obvious, could you pinpoint which things you're not satisfied with concerning print quality?

Posted (edited) · S5 Very desappointed by the quality result

My S5 prints fine and as been from day one, you got to keep in mind that the Cura settings are not a one fits all jobs, going by the model you will need to edit settings.

Looking at the model you got fine walls with cut outs, you will need to slow down the print speed to stop ghosting, also because the walls are thin you don't want a infill but you want to edit the settings so its just printing walls, because printing a infill will make a lot of vibration on walls that thin.

Also the part don't look that big so i don't know why your print times so long, was you printing with PLA and PVA support? If so you can greatly lower print time by using a mix of PLA support with just PVA Roof, saves a lot of time and PVA because looking at the images all support you can access so you don't need full PVA if you was using it.

Edited by Carla_Birch