Log authenticated users to Octoprint

djcadmake

Posted · Log authenticated users to Octoprint

Hi all

I run a 3d print cluster at a Scottish art & design school. Because of the number of users we support (over 1000) I'm looking at a solution to attribute each print job to an authenticated user.

With UM3s and S5s this is simple - Cura Connect API reports the owner of each print.
I'm trying to find a way to do the same on our UM2s - each one has a Pi running Octoprint. It works great, but the only user that is reported is the generic Octoprint.
I"m really hoping to glean logged-in user info from the client machine (WIndows and/or Mac). I'm not much of a programmer, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

All best wishes

Ali Napier

Posted · Log authenticated users to Octoprint

I think this would have been better suited at the OctoPrint forum (as I said in my email). This needs to be solved at the OctoPrint end first. There is currently no way to link a gcode file to a user in OctoPrint, or to add other metadata to the gcode file. If that were possible, the OctoPrint Connection plugin would be able to send this data. Currently there is nothing on the receiving end (OctoPrint) that would register this additional data, so there is no use sending it.