CURA 3.6 first layer is 5mm above the bed

RoboDLC

Posted · CURA 3.6 first layer is 5mm above the bed

First off, I do not know if this is a Marlin issue or a CURA issue.  It may be some interaction.

I just updated my delta printer from a VERY old version of Marlin to 1.1.9.  I am using CURA 3.6 with both the older version of Marlin and the newer one.

After updating to Marlin 1.1.9 I used Pronterface to level the bed and check Z height (I manually level and have EEPROM disabled).

Everything looked fine.

I then used CURA 3.6 to fire off a print through Octoprint. My CURA settings have the first layer set to 0.18mm.

I have changed nothing in CURA nor Octoprint between the time when I used CURA to do this print with the older firmware and the newer firmware.

The hot end dropped to about 5mm off of the bed and started printing.  Not optimal.

I have checked my CURA settings, the Z offset is 0.0.

I modified no Marlin configuration.h calibration options for bed leveling or calibrations - and note that Pronterface correctly followed G0 commands to go to 0.2mm.

I have attached my gcode file.  Any insight that anyone has is appreciated.

Thanks,

DLC

CFFFP_Small_FlexiStego_Supports.zip

Posted · CURA 3.6 first layer is 5mm above the bed

Found the problem.  Not with CURA, but Marlin.

I left USE_ZMIN_PLUG defined.  For some reason that added an offset to the first layer.

You have been warned.  🙂

DLC