3D printing trends

valcrow

Posted · 3D printing trends

Dunno if its posted anywhere yet, but looks like ultimaker is leading the pack by a small margin!

http://www.3dhubs.com/trends

Congrats!

Your sales seem disproportionately low in North America though....

Might I suggest the reason being shipping is also disproportionately high in the Americas to obtain your products too. :p *hint hint.

>Might I suggest the reason being shipping is also disproportionately high in the Americas to obtain your products too.

Well rumors (more than rumors really) indicate that UM will have a US distributor very soon. So I think they already got the hint.

Makershed seems to be selling the UM1 already:

makershed.com

Not sure it this is the new secret distributor or if it will be someone else. But my impression is that UM ships a pallet worth of UMs to makershed and then makershed ships within the US. This should hopefully save you money and time on the shipping.

• 1 month later...

I read elsewhere online that Makershed may have the UM2 in a few weeks.

Do tell! Spread the rumor! Give us a link! Or was it just in these forums? Or in google groups?

well Christmas is slowly coming around the corner... maybe Ultimaker did a deal with Santa ???

Santa will drop down the chimney of every house in the USA and offer the child an ultimaker 2 ??

So what ya say kid ?? is it a keeper ?? ..... LOL ;-)

Ian :-)

Owen I only see the UM Original on makershed.

Ahh yep sorry George. I saw the Original and assumed they would have had the 2 as well. :oops:

Hi there!

I was on the Thor 2 stand at the London print show, opposite the Ultimaker stand - Ultimaker was by far the busiest of all of the displays selling small printers!

I was so impressed - I bought the Ultimaker2...

Regards, Jet

Thor2 The Dark World - Exodus - Guardians of the Galaxy - Warcraft - Zero Dark Thirty - World War Z - Red 2 - Kick Ass 2 - Fast and Furious 6 - Good Day to Die Hard - Maleficent - Sherlock 2 - Dark Shadows - Skyfall - Captain America - Xmen First Class - Gulliver's Travels - Harry Potter Goblet of Fire - Narnia Dawn Treader - Wrath of the Titans - Prometheus - Singularity - Cinderella - Muppets Most Wanted - Dark Sea - Into the Woods etc.... A few new ones I can't mention yet. ; )

Jet3D, welcome! I look forward to seeing what you'll make next! Glad you found your way into the Ultimaker community! :)

Hi there!

I was on the Thor 2 stand at the London print show, opposite the Ultimaker stand - Ultimaker was by far the busiest of all of the displays selling small printers!

I was so impressed - I bought the Ultimaker2...

Regards, Jet

Thor2 The Dark World - Exodus - Guardians of the Galaxy - Warcraft - Zero Dark Thirty - World War Z - Red 2 - Kick Ass 2 - Fast and Furious 6 - Good Day to Die Hard - Maleficent - Sherlock 2 - Dark Shadows - Skyfall - Captain America - Xmen First Class - Gulliver's Travels - Harry Potter Goblet of Fire - Narnia Dawn Treader - Wrath of the Titans - Prometheus - Singularity - Cinderella - Muppets Most Wanted - Dark Sea - Into the Woods etc.... A few new ones I can't mention yet. ; )

welcome !!! your going to have great fun here :-)

Ian

Yes, Maker shed email me and told me they will sell the UM2 in a few weeks, waiting on shipments 2-3 weeks.. I ask them if I can pre order they sent me this link to be notified the price is around $2599..

http://www.makershed.com/Email_Me_When_Back_In_Stock.asp?ProductCode=MKUM3