API Oddities and Questions

coderforlife

Posted · API Oddities and Questions

I have been working with the Ultimaker API for awhile and I have several questions about the API.

I noticed a few days ago that the entire /camera API is no longer working, I always get a 404 error. The camera stream is still available at the :8080/?action=stream URL, but the API no longer is usable for finding that URL. I have tried power cycling the machine with no difference. Did this change at some point?

Additionally, the /auth/check/{id} documentation doesn't seem to be clear. Does it only work for recently requested IDs? Like if I have an authorized ID from a day ago should it still remote "authorized"? For me it seems to only be reporting "unauthorized" unless I am actively in the approval process for the account (in which case it says "unknown"). I think that for a brief time after the "Accept" it does give "authorized" but I haven't confirmed this recently. I can each use the HTTP Digest Authorization with a particular ID/Key and it will still say "unauthorized". Seems strange. 

Is there any way to connect to a hidden wifi network?

Are only maintenance events (type id 4) post-able to /history/events?

Some of things listed in /printer are said to be settable (e.g. /printer/heads/#/max_speed or /printer/heads/#/jerk) however their value does not seem to change with a PUT. There are others that are actually settable and do support PUT that are not listed as such (e.g. /printer/bed/temperature/current).

My final question is what are the possible values to be reported from the following APIs? I know some of the values, but in many cases I am clearly missing several values. Is this documented?

• /printer/status - I know booting, idle, printing, error, maintenance
  • /printer/head/#/extruder/#/hotend/offset/state - I know valid
  • /printer/network/wifi/mode - I know CABLE and AUTO
  • /print_job/source - I know WEB_API/*, WEB_API, and USB
  • /print_job/pause_source and in /history/print_jobs/* - I know api
  • /print_job/state - I know none, pre_print, printing, pausing, paused, resuming, and post_print
  • /print_job/result and in /history/print_jobs/* - I know "", Failed, Finished, and Aborted
  • /system/firmware/status - I know IDLE

Thanks for any inputs anyone may have on any of these topics.

Note: I am using an Ultimaker 3 Extended with the latest firmware

All of these states are described in the swagger API documentation http://{printer-ip}/docs/api

When checking one of the endpoints, press the "model" tab (right next to the example tab)

Thanks! Great! Didn't know about that alternate view. It helped a bunch. Although, it doesn't have all of the states. For example, there seems to be no listing for "pause_source" or the history event IDs. I was able to dig through the griffin source and find some more of them.

I have found a bug in the camera API and I think that the line in interfaces/html/um3server.py that is

camera = Camera(self.__camera_service, api_v1)

should be

camera = Camera(self.__camera_service, "camera", api_v1)

since otherwise it uses api_v1 as the "local_path" for the HTTPExposedItem and has no parent. I will be testing this out soon.

Digging through the Griffin source I was also able to answer my question about the only maintenance events (type id 4) are post-able to /history/events. Still working on the remaining questions:

• Things that are listed with a PUT but are not settable
    • The response of the /auth/check/{id} command
    • Connecting to a hidden command

• 4 months later...
    On 5/31/2019 at 11:07 PM, coderforlife said:

I have found a bug in the camera API and I think that the line in interfaces/html/um3server.py that is

camera = Camera(self.__camera_service, api_v1)

should be

camera = Camera(self.__camera_service, "camera", api_v1)

I just stumbled upon this thread and thanks for reporting. I can confirm this fixed in firmware 5.2.13 (not released yet) and 5.3 (S3 only).