New UM2+ style printer?

Wilds

Posted (edited) · New UM2+ style printer?

Will ultimaker ever release a more modern UM2+ printer?

I for example love the Zortrax m200+ but it is lacking in some parts for me.

Was wondering if UM will ever release a single extruder printer with the same size as UM2+ ever again?

Wanted features:

• Atleast a default front enclosing
  • USB/Wifi
  • etc...

Edited by Wilds

Posted · New UM2+ style printer?

I just dont want to buy a UM2+ when its "old" when theres a new type(same but more modern) of printer coming in the next years 😞 

I tried a UM2+ and love it, but its at the boundaries of my budget.

The UM3 is the same type but newer than the UM2+. I don’t think Ultimaker will release a new single extrusion printer any time soon.

I think a new single core Ultimaker printer, with a core but a much lighter head than the UM3/S5 would definitely make sense.  But as @ahoeben mentioned the only people who know won't disclose anything until it's there.  My gut feeling is it will not happen but that's pure speculation.

In the meantime, if the UM2+ is on the boundaries of your budget why not get a 2th hand? the machine is super reliable and if you reserve a little budget for spare parts it will serve you for years. 

@ultiarjan has a good point with 2nd hand machines. If you want to buy it from a more official point, look out for refurbished printers. In Europe, some distributors offer this and FBRC8 in the US does it as well.

Why would you not buy an Ultimaker 2+ even when in a year or two a successor would come out? If the printer offers what you need, then it's a good deal. If it doesn't you should also not buy it later. Does that make sense for you?

• Like 1

I got myself a UM2+, thanks guys.

lol, that's quick, enjoy !!

ugh I bought the um2+ new 2 times in a row now and both times I got a second-hand device...

Scratch marks all over the place and plastic removed from the accessories.

um2.thumb.jpg.6254ad9aabbbe4d7f2667f83bc6691eb.jpg

The scratches are definitively not nice but I also have seen them on some new machines. What do you mean with the plastic removed? The plastic from the filament? Other than that spool nothing has a plastic wrapped around afaik if you don't count the zip bag with the tools, grease, glue stick etc.

Posted (edited) · New UM2+ style printer?

Plastic from the "new" glass bed.

New machines with such big scratches? how do they even come through quality control.

I dont want such things on a newly bought machine with such an price.

Edited by Wilds

A few months ago there were new machines without a plastic around the glass plate. Please contact your reseller about the scratches.

Oke, I did thanks!