Temperature setting lowers during print.

stock3d

Posted · Temperature setting lowers during print.

Created a Gcode using V4.1 to print ABS print temp was set to 265degC noted that throughout the print the temp setting lowed progressively to 230c which resulted in a failed print. 

When using V3.6 I do not have this issue is there a reason for this.

Thanks

10 hours ago, burtoogle said:

Hello @stock3d, could you please attach the gcode so we can check the temperature commands? Thanks.

I have attached the Gcode you will notice that there is a number of M104 that progressively lower the temp I did not put this into the Gcode looks like a temp tower default.

old-Vent-Sq-75mm-screw-boss.gcode

5 hours ago, stock3d said:

I have attached the Gcode you will notice that there is a number of M104 that progressively lower the temp I did not put this into the Gcode looks like a temp tower default.

Indeed, there's a change-at-z script active, that's the cause of the reducing temperature.

Has this issue been found and fixed with V4.1 yet??

One thing I noticed after printing a temperature tower is that the GCode scripts are persistent until you clear them.

I never ran a Temp tower it was the first print after upgrading to V4.1

That's bazaar. Check Cura to make sure there isn't a script enabled. I'm not sitting in front of the computer with Cura on it, so I can't tell you the exact menus to check.

I don't have the problem now I switched back to V3.6 I am amazed that other people have not encountered the same issue cost me 1/2 roll of ABS it was definitely an issue with V4.1 happened with first and second slices that I performed the script has 10deg drops every so often till print fails.

I have exactly the same issue using PLA and standard settings. As the print layers increase the nozzle temperature, as shown on my CR10 display- ( both the Set temp and actual temp ), slowly drops, layer by layer. Ultimately, the filament becomes too viscous and the extruder starts to snatch back as it can't push the PLA through the nozzle. I can override the setting briefly, raising the nozzle temperature, then the extruding is fine. The next layer change, the Gcode calls the lower nozzle temperature again.

;ChangeAtZ V5.1.1: executed at Layer 50
    M117 Printing... ch@L  50
    M104 S196.118012 T0
    M104 S196.753247 T0
    M104 S200.000000 T0
    M104 S204.807692 T0
    G0 F9000 X190.389 Y61.242

;ChangeAtZ V5.1.1: executed at Layer 150
    M117 Printing... ch@L 150
    M104 S188.354037 T0
    ;ChangeAtZ V5.1.1: executed at Layer 150
    M117 Printing... ch@L 150
    M104 S190.259740 T0
    G0 F9000 X116.789 Y80.745

;ChangeAtZ V5.1.1: executed at Layer 250
    M117 Printing... ch@L 250
    M104 S180.590062 T0
    G0 F9000 X207.686 Y59.878
    G0 X207.94 Y60.929

I've searched high and low to find a solution to this......

Thanks....  you all do great team work......

I actually think I may have found the answer. johnse above suggested checking for active scripts. I found a whole list of experimental post processing scripts ( Extensions/Post processing/Modify G-code ). I've deleted these and it seems I no longer have the 'ChangeAtZ V5.1.1: executed at Layer' entries in my code........ I'm sure i didn't add these experimental scripts....

4 hours ago, tecknick said:

I'm sure i didn't add these experimental scripts....

Perhaps you loaded a project from somewhere that included these scripts some tme ago?