stock3d

Temperature setting lowers during print.

Posted · Temperature setting lowers during print.

Created a Gcode using V4.1 to print ABS print temp was set to 265degC noted that throughout the print the temp setting lowed progressively to 230c which resulted in a failed print. 

When using V3.6 I do not have this issue is there a reason for this.

Thanks

Hello @stock3d, could you please attach the gcode so we can check the temperature commands? Thanks.

10 hours ago, burtoogle said:

Hello @stock3d, could you please attach the gcode so we can check the temperature commands? Thanks.

I have attached the Gcode you will notice that there is a number of M104 that progressively lower the temp I did not put this into the Gcode looks like a temp tower default.

old-Vent-Sq-75mm-screw-boss.gcode

5 hours ago, stock3d said:

I have attached the Gcode you will notice that there is a number of M104 that progressively lower the temp I did not put this into the Gcode looks like a temp tower default.

Indeed, there's a change-at-z script active, that's the cause of the reducing temperature.

I now there is a change in the script buy why has this occurred after upgrading the V4.1 ??  this is a software glitch.

One thing I noticed after printing a temperature tower is that the GCode scripts are persistent until you clear them.

I never ran a Temp tower it was the first print after upgrading to V4.1

That's bazaar. Check Cura to make sure there isn't a script enabled. I'm not sitting in front of the computer with Cura on it, so I can't tell you the exact menus to check.

I don't have the problem now I switched back to V3.6 I am amazed that other people have not encountered the same issue cost me 1/2 roll of ABS it was definitely an issue with V4.1 happened with first and second slices that I performed the script has 10deg drops every so often till print fails.