ahoeben

Material Settings plugin

Posted (edited) · Material Settings plugin

I'm working on a new plugin, lets the user add settings to the Print Settings tab for materials on the Materials pane of the preferences. At its simplest, it adds the "Flow" parameter to the list of print settings for materials. The plugin also adds Extensions -> Material Settings -> Configure Material Settings. This will open a dialog that lets you configure what settings will be available, so you can add arbitrary settings such as Z Offset and Linear Advance Factor (both requiring an additional plugin already available in the Marketplace). It may not yet work with all settings, let me know.

image.thumb.png.7412347c5025ebcbfbb41241cba51147.png

Note that a value set in the sidebar or in a profile still overrides what is set in the material. This plugin does not intend to change that.

A testing version of the plugin can be downloaded here:

For Cura 4.0 and 4.1: http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/MaterialSettingsPlugin-v6.0.0-2019-06-14T14_49_58Z.curapackage

For Cura 3.5 and 3.6 (untested): http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/MaterialSettingsPlugin-v5.0.0-2019-06-14T14_49_58Z.curapackage

After downloading, just drop the file into a running Cura window, and restart Cura when requested.

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · Material Settings plugin

The plugin is now available in the Marketplace.

Quite a bit more work needed to be put in this plugin, to get the Print settings in the Material preferences to accept valid values for additional settings. In fact, the plugin now replaces the whole Materials pane of the preferences with a "fixed" version. There is a cosmetic sideeffect to this: the print settings tab now uses the Cura theme, ie if you use a dark theme for Cura, that part of the preferences will now also display using dark theming.

I hope you find this plugin useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Material Settings plugin

Thanks. This is very helpful. Especially for those who print different high temperature materials, like PC.

BTW, how does it work with the existing z-offset plugin?

I see, it gives the option to include what option, not providing options directly.

Edited by alexjx

Posted · Material Settings plugin

In a future update I will see if I can add a button to the Print settings tab to open the dialog to select which settings are shown.