Posted · Palette 2 with UM2+

Mosaic (the company behind the Palette add-on) released a 1.75mm adapter. It has a 1.75mm Bowden tube, feeder drive arm, and an PTFE sleeve for $80 pre-order at Matterhackers.

https://www.mosaicmfg.com/blogs/news/ultimaker-3d-printers-and-palette-2-2-pro-now-compatible

What are your thoughts? Worth the price? Anyone have any experience with Palette in general?

• Like 1

I'm intrigued since many of the Palette reviews I have seen have not gone smoothly.  It seems to take a lot of work to get successful prints with the Palette, based on what I have seen on YouTube channels like Turning Tech and others

Did you mean Teaching Tech? I watched his video and, yeah it seems like he's having a pretty bad time. It seems like if it works, it works great, but if it doesn't there really isn't much one could do to fix it as it's all within the palette box.

2 hours ago, anonomouscoder said:

Did you mean Teaching Tech? I watched his video and, yeah it seems like he's having a pretty bad time. It seems like if it works, it works great, but if it doesn't there really isn't much one could do to fix it as it's all within the palette box.

Yes, autocorrect hit my post...I see Palette is working on some painting tools and other things.  It's interesting.  But has a ways to go

11 hours ago, bob-hepple said:

these are done with my palette 2pro.

Wow, that's a lot of priming waste. Prints look good though.

greatg

no  I have not connected it I have the mark two mod on so didn't see the point I thinking of getting UM3 and connecting it but not sure,,

Ahoeben

I agree that is a reason I'm  not printing much with palette top picture is a product im developing so is a functional model (Proto type) it takes to long 18hrs in fact the purge block is the majority of the time the car was 10hrs but,  im struggling with the waist,, there is however ways around the waist,  my reason for putting the pics up is to show the Palette is an option and it does work...although I just stuffed my printer up using PVA which I wont do again...