Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
foehnsturm

Top-quality pulleys - What do you think is an appropriate price?

Hi guys,

Accidentally, just an hour after my post in the already too long "Fixing Pulley..." thread I had a conversation with the guys who are machining them. Taking both things together, upcoming batches would require a modified pricing.

So, regarding the quality (difference to other pulleys), what do you think would be an acceptable price?

Markus

I bet you could sell another batch, like TZ Advantage mentioned, your pulleys seemed to sell fairly fast. I believe there are still UM users out there looking to replace their pulleys (like me). Unless some one can come up with another fix to this problem it seems like a fairly large market for this fix.

In fact according to some data I saw (duno about how trustworthy or old it is) there were more ultimakers than makerbots. I'm over in the US so I see more makerbots than ultimakers. Either way I have seen companies that sell custom milled extruder upgrades for makerbot's silly printers. If you can get away with a similar money scheme I would wholly encourage it.

Now if only I could figure out how to post pictures I could ask your opinion about printing issues that might be fixable through pulley replacement. Maybe we could document it to help users understand how they could help in one convenient place?

Unfortunately I had no time up to now to install my new pulleys but just from a optical point of view I´m impressed about the quality of the manufacturing compared with the original ones (I was a mechanical engineer in my former job - now stuck in management... :-( )

For your high quality pieces, I would pay at least a few 10 or 20 or 30€ more but as usual most people nowadays live like the slogan of a famous electonics company ("geiz ist geil") and don´t think about the value of quality any more...

I got some of your pulleys, too. Haven't installed them yet but it's clearly visible (under a stereoscopic microscope) that these are of better quality than the stock pulleys. I'd pay the same price again if I had to get more of them, but I have to admit they were pretty expensive.

I'd rather pay more and get your good pulleys than getting something which I might have to replace again because it didn't meet the expectations (hint: Ebay). The time and nerves saved are worth something, too!

Btw, what would it cost to make these pulleys out of T6 Aluminum and hard-anodize them?