Hezen

old firmware for UM3 extended

Posted · old firmware for UM3 extended

Hi, I want to download UM3 firmware 3.7.6 - where can I get it from?

The normal link is no longer working.

Thanks

Yeah it used to be here:

http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/

But not anymore.  They hid it somewhere.  Talk to your reseller.  Threaten to return the printer until they tell you where to get the image file.

Note that you can't downgrade from 5.X to 3.7.6 unless you use the micro-sd-card unbricking procedure.  Have you done that before?  If not then maybe it's not worth the trouble.

Cheers,

I have to use this firmware edition since nothing else seems to work on it. I tried all previous editions and i've bricked the machine before (fixed it though). I'm actually having trouble with a post processing script so I thought if I reinstalled the firmware it would fix the problem. I'll try a factory reset and see if that does anything.

Seriously, talk to your reseller.  They should have ability to get you any version you want.  And if they can't help you tell them they need to call Ultimaker or tell them you need to call Ultimaker.  I think they will be able to help you.

16 hours ago, gr5 said:

They hid it somewhere.  Talk to your reseller.  Threaten to return the printer until they tell you where to get the image file.

Wow, that's strong language.

Recently the Ultimaker website was moved to another hosing provider. I guess in the process some directories were set to a more strict access rule for safety reasons. I just checked and all firmware files are still there but I don't have the rights to make the whole directory visible again.

When you know the firmware number and release date, you can download them all by making up the link yourself:

Recovery images for a clean install from SD-card:

And for the new 5.2.x versions, and newer, which have a whole new file format to support both the UM3 and S5:

• recovery-5.2.11.20190503.img For both UM3 and S5. Greatly enhanced Cura Connect and Active Levelling. Has WiFi related problems on few UM3 printers (garbled screen and stalled prints).

• Thanks 1

Seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you both for your help :)