Cura plugin for single extruder multiple color

blkprometheus

Posted · Cura plugin for single extruder multiple color

I'm using Cura 4.1 on Windows, and using an Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus with its latest firmware.  The printer is plugged into a Raspberry Pi 3, running the latest version of Octoprint.  The printer has a single extruder and I want to try out multi color prints.  I tried the "pause at height" and "filament change" post processing scripts with no luck.  With one of the scripts the printer will beep and pause the print head, but after I change the filament and tell the printer through the Octoprint interface to resume printing, then the print head swings and hits one of vertical rails of the printer.  For other script, the printer just seems to ignore the gcode instruction to pause the print head and just keeps printing.  No beep, no pause.  Sorry, but I'm writing this from work and don't recall which script did which behavior.  I've also tried the "Change Filament At Z Cura Plugin" by rawlogic on Thingiverse.  With it the printer does beep and then pause the print head.  I change the filament and through Octoprint tell the printer to resume printing, then the print head moves up and just keeps extruding filament until I cancel the job and power off the printer.  Not something I want to keep doing obviously.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for an extension/plugin for changing filament, and that works with the Anycubic Kossel printer?

Thanks

Hi Marcott,

Can you point me to a tutorial or other resource on how to beet use the M600 command with the Anycubic printer?  From what my research turned up, there are a number of parameters that need to be included with using the command.  It started to look kind of complicated to calculate the value for the parameters.  That's why I had wanted to see if any of the various plugins would work.

Thanks

On 7/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, marcottt said:

did you tried to simple put  an M600 command at correct line ? 
    with mine printer (same as your) worked. (time ago now i have 2 extruder)

How are you using 2 extruders now?  do you have a single hotend?

I have 2 extruders and that Y together into a single nozzle.  Any thoughts on how to make that work with CURA?

Printer is a CR-10s

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jdbrassell said:

How are you using 2 extruders now?  do you have a single hotend?

I have 2 extruders and that Y together into a single nozzle.  Any thoughts on how to make that work with CURA?

Printer is a CR-10s

Yes i have a y splitter. 

What info do you need? 

The biggest problem for me is cura has a "feature" (they call.. For me is a bug) where at layer 1 (only at layer 1), second material is not primed on the prime tower. I solved adding a cube with a 1layer high, printed with material #2 before real part