Cura 4.1 missing way to rotate by typing.

leoheck

Posted · Cura 4.1 missing way to rotate by typing.

Cura 4.1 miss a way to rotate by typing the angle. It annoys me so much rotating that wheel. Please, someone knows if there is a way to enable a text input for rotations? Thank you.

I don't think there is a way to do this.  You could add a feature request to github:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues

bugs and feature requests are paid more attention to over on github versus here in the forum.

Did you know you can hold down the Shift key and get down to 1 degree rotations?  Also if you are printing the same part often then it's probably worth it to rotate it in CAD before creating the STL.  Occasionally I do this for parts that I print dozens of.  Also if you are rotating the same part the same rotation 10 times, you can rotate it once and then do multiply *after* the rotation and cura remembers the rotation.  Probably none of these tricks help you but maybe/hopefully one will.

• Like 1

Thank you gr5, github answer is what I was expecting to hear.

And also thank you for the tip. Using mouse/touchpad to change angle is not a good thing for me. I always need the full control to tweak and repeat processes.

I did! It is actually not a problem to me. I just want report that something is missing. They can manage the way they need. And since it is duplicated, it shows many people have the same issue.

35 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

If you create a feature request at github, it will be marked as a duplicate of this issue:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/2779

You could add your 2 cents there, but also read why this feature is more complicated than it may seem.

Oh, how this can be more complicated, since it already has the feature to rotate things. Well, thanks for your suggestion anyway.

YES, I agree! I am using CURA 5 and there still is no feature. I also hate using the trackpad to rotate. Also there needs to be a better way to Automate the process. Well, there is a way but I don't think it works very well. In CURA 5 it is a little easier if you uncheck the snap to check box. Another thing is It would be really nice if I could just enter in my requested Features and BUG on this forum. Unless you are a programmer using Github can be dounting. This is how my other apps Shapr3D and Lumafusion do it. They have an Administrator that does and will respond to your requests. I understand Open source but some companies like Shapr3D and Lumafusion really do it right. it seems like to me that most open source is built around the core components but there is no pretty user interface in most. ie: klipper for example: I tried to install Klipper but for a first timer it was very complicated and I could not get it up and running so I went back to Marlin. I wish someone would write an interface package where I could just tap one or 2 buttons and it would auto install like Repetier Server on my Pi. That is pretty easy to install and to get running. And YES it cost me $75 but well worth it.