UA_UM3E

Ultimaker 3 Extended Restarted Mid-Print

Posted · Ultimaker 3 Extended Restarted Mid-Print

Hi,

The printer was printing a rather time consuming model (1 day and 19 hours) when it suddenly switched off and back on during the last hour of printing. Does the printer have a max time during which it will automatically reboot? Has anybody else faced a similar issue and was able to identify the cause? Thanks!

Hi

no there is no timeout, you can print as long as you want. 

Maybe your power supply has a problem or you just got a power outage which caused the reboot.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 Extended Restarted Mid-Print

There was no power outage as I was working next to it when it rebooted. Lights and computers at the office were on the whole time. Weird. I will try printing again and let you know how it goes. Thanks Smithy

Edited by UA_UM3E
Just added the last sentence.

When it happens again, then I guess you need to replace the power supply, but let's see, maybe it was just once.

My department at work had a U3X and it was very sensitive to power fluctuations.  Our office was in an industrial park, and if the lights flickered, you knew it was going to stop.  Sometimes it would stop without any power events.  We bought a nice ($130) UPS for it and it never happened again.

• Like 1