gbdesai

New Ultimaker S5 - Printed Corners Aren't Square

Posted · New Ultimaker S5 - Printed Corners Aren't Square

So I just got a brand new Ultimaker S5.  I started a few prints and noticed a skewing of the prints.  I consequently ran a XY calibration and found the rectangles that printed actually looked like a parallelogram vs. a rectangle with 90 degree corners.  Is this caused by an axis being off? If not, what else could it be.  It's not an insignificant deviation, it has led to my first print (a bracket), not fitting properly.

This is a common problem and trivial to fix.  It usually happens when someone picks up the printer and they squeeze a long belt too hard and it skips a tooth.

Push the print head to the center of each of the 4 sides and pay attention to the side blocks and see if they stop at the same point or if one can keep moving.  Also look straight down on the two rods that pass through the head and see if they visually don't look quite square.  If either of these are true then it's easy to fix.

Here is one description of how to fix it:

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19953-aligning-the-axles

• Like 2

Thanks, that was it. I was about half an inch off on the X and a quarter inch off on the Y. All good and square now!