skworez

Horizontal support lines

Posted · Horizontal support lines

I like to work with Cura 4.1 on my Creality CR10S4 printer, but I have a problem that I didn't have on Cura 3.0. I can't disable those horizontal support lines, I can't find a button for this. Can someone help me, please?supportlines-cirkel-20190901_135203.thumb.jpg.33831148ca612a880c4f8f83e9f62898.jpg

I think it's "combing mode" try setting it to (not in skin)

@NBullI've tried, but I'm still keeping these annoying lines, and with that setting you're giving me, my print isn't that pretty.

Also, check your retract settings. If this is not TPU, your printer shouldn't print when travelling.

The retraction looks good, it's clearly support lines. I don't have them with Symplify3D and the older version of Cura, 3.0. Cura 4.1 works fine, but with Cura 4.2 I get problems.

Those are not support lines. Those are movements without retraction that the slicer thinks are ok because it’s moving within an area that will be printed over later in the same layer...otherwise known as combing.

The “not in skin” setting is supposed to prevent this. Also there is a setting something like “max distance without retraction.