Ultipanel?

Posted · Ultipanel?

The readout panels seem to have a cool factor, but does it add any function. I already have a separate pc that returns the diagnostics I need thru ppronterface, rep, or netfabb. What could I gain from having one?

Matt

Posted · Ultipanel?

In combination with the SD card addon (included in the ultipanel) you can print pre-made GCode files without a computer attached.

Also, printing from SD is faster then printing trough USB, so you have less chance of buffer underrun.

As for when you have a PC attached, with an LCD you can monitor the temperature at all times without having the PC request it all the time (causing more buffering problems)

Posted · Ultipanel?

the lcd screen is not like the panel i like the idea of the rotary encoder.

sadly i didnt manage to get a board made the soldering is no problem but making a pcb.

You might be interrested by this shop that sell a kit to assemble oneself or a pre-assembled one's.

I ordered mine yesterday, so I can't tell much more about it since I didn't receive it yet !!

Here is the link : http://shop.snootlab.com/lang-en/140-kit-lcd-pour-ultimaker.html

You might want to read this topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43&start=30

As the snootlab LCD doesn't work with the latest Marlin.

The UltiPanel is a 16x4 display btw, while the snootlab is a 16x2. However, a big difference is that you can actually buy a snootlab, while the Ultipanel. Dunno, build it yourself? Maybe UM will start selling them at one point?

I have a snootlab LCD. It works as advertised with a slightly older version of marlin thanks to alx. Check the thread on this forum for details.

It is nice to print from SD. I found that Printrun would hiccup every time the laptop went to sleep. I never had a buffer under run tho.

I would LOVE to have pause, resume, temps, and time remaining on the print screen, all it says now is "printing..." I suppose the firmware source is available, but I'm not really a software guy- I'm useless without intellisense anyway.

If anyone decides to kit the UltiPanel with a populated and tested board, I'm interested, PM me.