Prevent prints from sticking too well

player879

Posted · Prevent prints from sticking too well

I have recently been having issues with prints I make sticking too well to the build plate. My build plate has a cover, I am printing with the Qidi Tech x one-two. One time I tried to get the print of with a razor blade, and couldn't. So I had to peel off the build plate cover. Even that was stuck to the build plate where the print was. I ended up using the back of a hammer and pried it off after like 20 minutes and with the build plate heated. Another time I ended up heating the build plate to 70 degrees Celsius, and I was able to remove it but the print got deformed where it was stuck the most. I am printing with amazonbasics premium white pla.

Posted · Prevent prints from sticking too well

If you can't loosen a part well, then heating up is the wrong way. You should let the printing bed cool down and if that is too less, put the printing plate in the freezer for a few minutes.

It can also help if you put an extra layer of glue (UHU stick) on your bed. This layer then dissolves more easily and if necessary you can also help with a few drops of water around your object.

These printing plates such as Buildtak are quite useful for problematic materials, but for normal PLA the adhesion is too strong.