Error (0xc000007b) running any version of Cura

QED_Aust

Posted · Error (0xc000007b) running any version of Cura

I have tried installing several versions of Cura from 2.7 to 4.3. The installs all go in fine, but in all cases, when I open Cura.exe, I get an error message saying

"The application could not start correctly (0xc000007b)"

I run Win7 64 bit SP1 on a Toshiba Satellite. I have searched google and youtube all over for info about this error, which plaques many other programs it seems... but have tried all the suggestions I can find with no luck.

I have updated dotnet framework, directX, C++ Redistributables

Been trying for days now.... am ready to buy an Ultimaker printer, but thought I'd check out the software first (lucky I did!)

Can anybody help ?

I vaguely remember I had this error on an old computer, but not related to Cura but to browsers and graphic editors.

If I remember well, it had to do with failing hardware, bad memory, or programs that made wrong calls to memory areas, or something like that? This would most often happen with programs with high memory use: graphic applications, browsers with lots of tabs open, 3D- and video-editing.

Try if you also have it while using other software with very high memory-loads? Or run a diagnostics program for memory-tests? And let that run all night?

If yes, maybe you could try to reseat the RAM-modules?

- Remove battery.

- Open the back of the laptop, where the RAM modules are.

- Carefully remove them and replace them. Or at least loosen them, wiggle a few times, and reseat them.

This often helps in case of memory-problems due to dirty or oxidated contacts.

Not sure this is the solution, but it might be worth trying?

2 hours ago, QED_Aust said:

No, I haven't.

Which OS would you recommend ?

Cura seems to work fine on mac, linux, windows.  For windows it seems to work fine in windows 7 and windows 10.  Not sure about other versions.  But you MUST have a 64 bit operating system.  I think windows 7 might have been available in either 32bit or 64bit.

It was mentioned that I should try running in compatibility mode. My question regarding the OS was about that...

I am running Windows 7 64-bit...