SiddharthTilala

Red shaded part in CURA

Posted · Red shaded part in CURA

Whether this red shaded portion in given image be printed properly in printer or i need to do something? I dont know what is that error. 

BR,

Siddharth

cap.png

The red parts show overhangs and should warn you of this. In this case I would say you can print it without any problems, but for other models it might be better to work with supports.

But without knowing your specific object, wouldn't it be better to align it flat?

if i align it right , it exceed the size that the printer can print. ALSO when i align the component flat, this red shading appears on other parts which are hanging.  are the setting in the pic appropriate for the print? 

para.png

You could try to print this model without support, the overhangs should be no problem for the printer. But if you want to be on the safe side, then use supports.

If you print with PLA you give your fan speed 100%, especially when you print without support to get a cleaner bridging on the overhangs.

No for ASA which is similar to ABS, it is fine and good to have low cooling to prevent warping.

If you are not sure it will print well, maybe in CAD you could cut out a small area of the top-side (=with the red faces). Just a tiny cube that has all the problem-aspects? And print only that, and refine settings if required? So you don't waste too much material.