Is it posible to mirror printer (UN3e) screen in Cura?

J0015

Posted · Is it posible to mirror printer (UN3e) screen in Cura?

I am using a UM3e which is located in another room.

·            I would like to know if there is any way to get a mirror of what the printer display is showing me on my computer (Cura) screen?

·           It is frustrating to send a job to the printer to find that the printer is waiting for a user input.  Is it possible to remotely make the user input?

UM3e running on a wired network (no wi-fi). Cura 4.3.0, SolidWorks 2019.

You could not mirror the display, but you can browse to the Cura Connect page of your printer and there you see all the needed informations, if the printer is printing or waiting for any user interaction.

A remote user input is partly possible over the Cura Connect page. A material override is possible from there, but other interactions not.

To reach the Cura Connect page, simply click on the monitoring tab in Cura or go directly to the printers IP address.

Thanks for your comment. It is a shame that the user cannot remotely interact with the printer, as being able to tell the system that the print job has been removed or that I do not want to repeat an aborted print job would be convenient. There again I do spend to much time sat in front of my CAD workstation…

Yeah that's life 🙂 

I think the idea behind it is that you have to go to the printer anyway to remove the part and make sure you haven't confirmed by mistake and the part hasn't been removed yet. 

But yes, I understand you very well, my printers are on the 1st floor and I often forget to confirm and then run up again.

Maybe an upcoming weekend project 🙂 

33 minutes ago, johnse said:

Well....you could build a robot... camera to see the display, arm to spin and push the wheel... 

Just kidding....mostly. 😉

Ask Simone Gierz, she can definitely make one for you.  :-)

See her TED-talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bsKc4tiuY