spare glass bed??

dupton

Posted · spare glass bed??

Hi , I have just finished a batch of parts on my S5  and need to get the printer going again with another batch but I have to take the finished parts 

from the glass bed first. This takes  15 to 20 mins turn around. So I'm wondering if it would be an advantage to have a second glass bed waitting to 

place into my S5 and start the printer and then clean off my finished prints from the first print??  Any advice would be helpful .

Thanks in advance, Dermot

Of course, an additional glass plate makes sense, so you can continue printing without having to wait. I do the same.

Also, you should have a second glass plate anyway, so you have a replacement if one gets broken.

• Like 1

I personally have 4 glass plates for my S5, 1 i keep as a spare should one break or chip. The other 3 i print with, 1 in the printer printing, one with the last print on cooling down to be removed and the other all clean and ready to go in the printer when the next prints done.

• Like 1

Good decision and now you have the possibility to use the adhesion sheets on one glass without it bothering you with other prints. Very handy if you often print different materials.

• Like 1

If you have an oven, for example to dry filament, you could also pre-heat the cleaned glass in there. This should reduce the warming-up time a bit.

This is just a theoretical idea  :-)   I never tried it myself, since I never take the glass out of my printer: I let it cool in the printer until the models pop off, then wipe the glass with a tissue moistened with salt water, and start the next print.

• Like 1