trouble external wall

Naki

Posted · trouble external wall

Hello,

I'm a new user of this community. We bought an Ultimaker S5 printer on August 2019. Printing with tought PLA is great, but white PLA give an excessive extrusion on external wall. You can see it on picture below. I tried to print slowly from 70 mm to 50 mm per second, and less heater from 210°C to 200°C. The problem disappear not totally. Also cylinder show narrowing on top. How can we solve it, please?

Thanks in advance for you help.

test_castor_210C_70mm-s.jpg

test_castor_210C_70mm-s_cylindre.jpg

Try to set all speeds to the same value like this:

1310977169_Bildschirmfoto2019-10-08um10_55_39.thumb.png.2794b86cecf0958260c920a83625b3b6.png

And set also the jerk speeds to the same value.

And do the next test print with a speed of 30mm/s to see if the issues are gone when printing so slow.

Hi Smithy,

I'm doing test at 40 and 30mm/s. It is not solved. I sayed was an excessive extrusion on external wall, but by transparency, I see small under extrusions. May  it be a retractation problem?

How detailed is the source model? Excessive detail can cause a large number of tiny moves that can result in uneven extrusion.

You might try decimating the source model to use fewer triangles.

Hi johnse,

My test model details  is various. This is Testman on Thingiverse. I created a model on 3D with different STL quality. No differences between them. Right surfaces are OK but curves show smalls over extrusions. It seems it occure on layer change.

I use CURA 4.3.0

I tried :

- enable retraction on layer change

- heater change 190 to 210°C

- speed change

- model change

I don't know what to do anything 😞

Thank in advance for your help.

Hello!

Yeeeesssss I get some changes! 😅  See below a pics of 2 last prints. I joined start layer change together. This result is confirming problem get his origin in layer change. Now how to hide this bad line?🙄

Kind regards

Inkedtest_courbures_jointuresRassemblees_LI.jpg