CC Red 0.6 Compatible Material Diameter

Posted · CC Red 0.6 Compatible Material Diameter

Hello,

I have a CC Red 0.6 and trying to print GF30-PA6 Material, The filament diameter is 1.75mm but the extruder shows a compatible material diameter of 2.85mm.  When I try to change this setting through Printer settings, Extruder (1/2), then change the compatible diameter to 1.75mm, i am unable to go to the materials section to change the material to 1.75mm as well. It crashes every time i try to (ctrl+K) open Materials. 

Is there a solution to this or should I just use the printhead with the default settings?

The CC 0.6 core is not compatible with 1.75mm filament. A Cura (?) crash occuring when changing the filament diameter to 1.75mm is therefore probably not considered to be a bug with high priority to fix.

Best thing you could do is to use 2.85mm material.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

I am also trying to change the filament diameter.

Why would you like to change the compatible diameter? Maybe just change the material diameter or try to change the material diameter before the compatible diameter settings. 

So far I do not understand what the compatible diameter settings in the printer is used for. Is it used for any parameter calculations? or just there for warning reasons if material diameter > compatible diameter?

I made several observations so far

1.) Printer Settings, change of the compatible material diameter

2.) Material setting, change of diameter is almost impossible. Even with duplicating the material profile, unlink material. Still changes the material diameter back, after new setting. I think duplicating the material, unlink it, change the material diameter works.

3.) Sometimes warning if material diameter does not fit the compatible material diameter of the printer setting and slicing shows failures. For example printing time goes up from 3 to 5 hours.  Maybe the sequence is relevant. 

Ultimaker 3d printers (Print cores, extruder and bowden tube) are designed tu use 2.85 mm so I'm not sure it will give you good results even if you get a way to make it in Cura.

You would need to change these 3 components to get it work, possibily change things in the printer settings and as far as I know there are not 1.75mm princores on the market.

I think like Dim3nsioneer, it is easier and less expensive to find a 2.85mm filament spool.