"no group host" offered solution leads to dead url?

ninjapigeon

Posted · "no group host" offered solution leads to dead url?

Using Cura 4.3, and after slicing any model, sending to print over network, i get an expected 'override needed' (non-UM filament).

Overrides fine in the app, then a message pops up stating "no group host", and to click link to resolve.

However, the link leads to "print_jobs.com", obviously not by Cura / UM... what is going on here?

• 6 months later...
    Posted (edited) · "no group host" offered solution leads to dead url?

I've the same problems:

- there's mostly always to override a non-NFC material (see thread link)

- I always get an error message: "Not a group host. You are attempting to connect to UM3X-SPP but it is not the host of a group. You can visit the web page to configure it as a group host."

For the second topic, the offered URL is bad (strange they've not already corrected in Cura), but it would work if you prefix your printer IP address (eg. http://10.0.0.31/print_jobs/).

The problem is that even following the link, that brings you to the normal Cura Connect webpage, you cannot change the host group.

But, in any case, would I really want/need to have an host group?

My scenario is this one:

I've an Ultimaker 3 Extended at home (UM3X-SPP) and an Ultimaker S5 at work, in two different networks.

Both of the printers are assigned to my Ultimaker account.

Obviously - being in different networks (no common VPN) - the two printers cannot directly communicate one another, while they could through a cloud service.

I do not really need setting up a group host to direct prints to available printers, as my works happen in different locations.

How could I manage this, without having this usual message to override?

Thanks

Edited by gmeardi