ksor

the first 30% of my layers are too thick ????

Posted (edited) · the first 30% of my layers are too thick ????

I've had many problem since I updated from Cura 4.2.1 to Cura 4.3.0 !

Now it seems like my first 30% of the layers are way too thick !

In Fusion 360 I have drawn a ratchet, sliced it with 4.2.1 and printed it out (the red one on the pictures) and it's OK and well shaped !

Now I try the same Fusion file and slice it with 4.3.0 and the SAME PROFILE - the gray one on the pictures - it looks like _BEEP_ !

Look at the end of the gray shaft - the first many layers are too thick and it gives this "light bulb like" shape of the end the shaft - it should be round and it was when I printed with 4.2.1 !

(Sorry for the shaft is turned upside down !)

I don't think I can find any wrong settings in Cura and on the Cura screen there is nothing like it to see at all.

I'm not at all skilled in reading G-code - so please can anyone tell me what's wrong here ?

DSCN1338.JPG

DSCN1339.JPG

TurnKey.gcode Ratchet.gcode

Edited by ksor

Posted · the first 30% of my layers are too thick ????

In order to get any reasonable help with this it would be best to post a 3mf project file (in Cura, with the model loaded and settings like you are ready to print, use File.Save (not Export) to save the file).

Two suggestions for the ratchet:

1 - reduce the max comb distance with no retract to a much smaller value, i.e 5 or 10 rather than the 30 it is now.

2 - try not printing outer walls first (not sure about this, maybe worth trying.

Posted (edited) · the first 30% of my layers are too thick ????
21 hours ago, burtoogle said:

Two suggestions for the ratchet:

1 - reduce the max comb distance with no retract to a much smaller value, i.e 5 or 10 rather than the 30 it is now.

2 - try not printing outer walls first (not sure about this, maybe worth trying.

I can try changing a lot of settings, but I think this sudden shift in print quality after - I don't know maybe - 30% of the layers for BOTH the ratchet AND the turnkey - it's very strange ... and has this anything to do with "Max comb distance" - I see no connection there ?

Notice I did NOT change anything in the profile from the RED to the GREY ratchet !

Edited by ksor

No one knows anything here ?

Now I deleted all my profiles and choosed the "Super quality" and I STILL have this problem ... the first 30-35% layers are too thick - see the picture:DSCN1348.thumb.JPG.7b82008643c9aaa992a04b2f91eb3801.JPG

What is wrong here ????